The Benefits of a Technology-driven Land Survey
When your construction or land-development project gets under way, you need to know that time, cost, and risk will be minimised across every aspect of the undertaking.
The topographic survey process is particularly important, as any inaccuracies in your drawings or models can ultimately translate into expensive and perhaps irreversible problems in development or construction.
While nothing can substitute the skills and knowledge of an experienced land surveyor, today's survey technology, which includes 3D laser scanning and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), enables precision and accuracy first time around, reduces surveyor time-on-site, and speeds up the entire survey process.
Hi-tech Topographic Surveys from Geo Scan
At Geo Scan, we apply state-of-the-art digital equipment, along with traditional land survey skills and expertise to ensure your maps, plans, and models will be accurate to the last millimetre—first time, every time.
For larger tracts of land and in situations where hazards exist on the ground, drone surveys provide high resolution images which when converted to digital maps and models, give you a precise, highly detailed representation of your project geography.
On the ground meanwhile, 3D laser scanning is our primary survey technology. Laser scanning is a fast and precise technique that's perfect when a measured building survey and land survey are both necessary—a common requirement for larger development projects.
What Can You Expect from a Geo Scan Topographic Survey?
We take a full-service approach to our clients' topographic surveys, regardless of project scope and size. When you commission a survey with us, you can rely on our team to...
- Deploy the right combination of surveyor expertise and technology for the assignment conditions
- Ensure our survey activity does not compromise health and safety on your site
- Complete your survey quickly, efficiently, and with the minimum of disruption
- Apply time and cost-saving technology to reduce your survey expenditure
- Integrate measured building and topographic survey activity to keep time-on-site to a minimum
- Convert survey data into your choice of deliverable (in digital or printed format)
- Turn deliverables around promptly to keep your project moving
The deliverables we provide range from raw point-cloud data, through conventional 2D maps and drawings, to incredibly detailed 3D models of buildings and landscapes.